1st Page- Hero
2nd Page- 1st Swap
3rd Page- 2nd Swap
4th- My Final Page
Part of my Reflection Statement: I love how a hero can mean so many things to different people due to their experiences and life occurrences. This idea that what a hero means to different people really intrigues me. I plan to pursue this idea of what a hero is within my own artwork as well in hopes of creating a portfolio and develop my artist statement. I love the different responses I got from each of my "Book Swappers." For the first one they used the idea of creating a sort of story line that goes on to explain how their neighbor Charlie is their family hero because he rescued them. I would like toe explore this further in my work in questioning my viewers if a hero has to do a particular action or kind deed to be called a hero. Can a hero be a hero if they've never "persevered or endured... overwhelming obstacles"? Like the second artist in my book describes a hero to be. I would love to pick apart the idea of a hero and in turn return to the core of what qualities/personality traits that all these heros hold that make them perform these "heroic actions".
No comments:
Post a Comment