While doing research for my portfolio along with watching a video for my Art Education class about how Images have Power along with the big ideas of power and war I've realized that there are hardly any NON-anti-war artists. For my portfolio I've drawn inspiration from my Peepaw who served as a WWII mail carrier overseas and the memorabilia that ties with the matters of warfare. I've been wanting to find an artist who focuses on war to have another basis for inspiration on but I have yet to find one who isn't a "war artist". Please help me out if you know of any CONTEMPORARY NON-anti-war artists!
My copper plate that I've been working on
"In art, the hand can never execute anything higher than the heart can imagine." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
This is tough. It seems that what you're really looking for is someone who objectively documents war. Does this even exist? Keep in mind that war, by definition, involves conflict. So, folks may have a tough time maintaining neutrality here.
I just met a man named Essex in my VTS class. He worked for the army for 14 years as an artist. You can find his info through my blog.
Hi Ashley,
ReplyDeleteThis is tough. It seems that what you're really looking for is someone who objectively documents war. Does this even exist? Keep in mind that war, by definition, involves conflict. So, folks may have a tough time maintaining neutrality here.
I just met a man named Essex in my VTS class. He worked for the army for 14 years as an artist. You can find his info through my blog.
Also, have you found any leads through Goya?
.